The amazingly amazing adventures of a hormonal and awkward teenager.

Monday 31 December 2012

Christmas & New Years

Hello all.
I hope everyone had a nice Christmas, mine was very enjoyable apart from we have lost our stockings and instead used pillow cases, which somehow wasn't quite as magical...

Oh well, who am I to complain eh?
This year, instead of going to mass on Christmas morning, we decided to go to midnight mass - mainly because we are all now older and the thought of having to be ready and presentable at 9am (horrific I know) was too harsh to bear. Now, I think we can all agree that one of the best things about Christmas is the sweet-ass carols you get to sing. Even I sing Christmas Carols - and this is a big deal because usually I am far too embarrassed, what with my voice sounding something like this:

It turns out that I didn't need to be embarrassed at all this year, because there was a man in a pew across from us who was doing enough singing for the whole congregation. It seemed that this was the only time in the year that he went to church and was trying to make up for all the hymn singing he missed out on. And not only was he very loud, he was out of tune/key/timing... It was quite something.
And readers, guess whether I kept my composure in a church full of elderly people celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ, or whether I laughed so much that I actually wet myself a tiny bit?

I'm sure that you are familiar with the fact that not being allowed to laugh in a situation only makes you laugh harder. Luckily for me, it was only in the last verse of the final carol that really set me off. I had just made eye contact with my little sister when he sung 'YEA!' and we both preceded to implode with laughter. This wasn't such a problem during the carol, but it ended pretty soon after that, and people who have been to church will know it's pretty silent in there. Only stuffing my scarf into my face saved me.

That was the end of mass and I hoped to make a stealthy escape, but saw to my horror that the priest was standing in the doorway shaking everyones hand and wishing them a merry christmas. All I could do was try and do it with as much composure as I could muster.



I think it went well...
Nothing much more to tell about Christmas... Apart from that the Downton Abbey Christmas special annoyed me so much I won't be watching it next season (radical I know)




Also its New Years. Although, I don't think I could care less about New Years. This is how much I care about the date changing:

I do think it's a shame that I am in the countryside with my parents when my friends are all going out and having fun together in London - because I'm pretty sure tonight is gonna go something like this:




Happy New Year Everyone!







2 comments:

  1. my new year's eve looke something like that as well. I was just on the PC and my brother comes and say ''hey it's midnight!'' and I'm like ''happy new year, now good night.''

    I would have cracked up, I can't keep my cool whenever someone sings badly, I just have to laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for all your comments! I love reading them. I hope to have actually organised New Years plans by December, then maybe I'll be more excited for it...

    ReplyDelete